S1 Users' Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPP called me. Did they call you?

5 posters

Go down

TPP called me. Did they call you? Empty TPP called me. Did they call you?

Post  SRP 2/7/2014, 1:43 am

My friends,
I had an interesting call from a lady named Kate Oliver, of TPP.
She was not very happy at first, I could discern from her general tone, and lack of greeting. She started the conversation with 'Hi there, I wanted to ask you... ', and I could understand where she was coming from!  
To begin with, she was upset at my usage of TPP curtailing customers' 'freedom of expression' by 'archiving' the thread; and maintained that TPP has just taken it off the front screen after the 'expiry period'. 
I couldn't help laughing!
But as I started explaining the issues that I have raised, she warmed up to the conversation, and then started speaking business. And it was a productive conversation.
Then we talked about the web-page update and the antiquated page links, and my allegation that the developers are doing 'a bad job like the rest'!
And she told me that they will be trying to contact the people like me who have 'serious grievances' against TPP, and try to resolve the issues thet they raised.
At least, now we have an interesting scenario.
TPP now accepts its shortcomings and are willing to solve issues through dialogue, which is a good start.
The ultimate aim of this forum should not be to bring TPP to its knees or bash them with impunity, but to identify areas in different care sectors where SystmOne is being used, and to have brainstorming sessions among us, and forward the development requests or other genuine issues to TPP.
They might be able to ignore Richard or Ratish, but if this forum picks up, and we put forward an agenda for change as a group request coming from the S1forum itself, I am sure, TPP will sit up and take note.
There is, definitely, strength in numbers.
So please register, and let us start a creative new way of resolving our issues!
Also, in this thread, please do tell us whether TPP contacted you, what the nature of their call was like, and what feedback you got from them.
Thank you!

SRP

Job description : Manager

Back to top Go down

TPP called me. Did they call you? Empty Re: TPP called me. Did they call you?

Post  Rapstone 2/7/2014, 3:21 am

Well I have to say that I haven't heard anything from TPP as yet. However, there is still time!

I totally agree with everything you've said and you've summed up the purpose of this forum most accurately. The wording has been carefully chosen so as not to cause any offence or the slightest of ill feeling against TPP, but to highlight the fact that the users of their software need more recognition when things aren't quite working 'as they should'. This is not the sole purpose of the forum though, and I'm sure as people start to post here that will be more obvious. It was just the kick it needed to get it launched in the first place!
Rapstone
Rapstone

Job description : IT Management

https://s1users.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  pacharanero 2/11/2014, 8:41 am

I had the call from Kate Oliver today - rather sinister to get an out-of-the-blue call from TPP, especially when it's so bloody hard to get hold of them at any other time!

She seemed happy to listen to my feedback but although she said "we'll certainly think about what you've said", her demeanour was pretty defensive and I didn't get the feeling my feedback was being treated as anything other than mild "troublemaking".

My main points to her were:

1) there's nothing that S1 forum does that this OPEN forum can't do (she was making points to undermine non-S1 forums in terms of functionality)

2) this forum is OPEN (not locked away where new customers can't see it)

3) this forum is FREE (unlike SNUG forum - Kate let slip that SNUG actually PAY to have the 'ear' of S1, I couldn't believe it was the other way round)

4) the existence of this forum doesn't stop S1 having their 'hidden' forum as well.

5) all feedback is good feedback :-)

Well done to those who have created this awesome forum.

Marcus

pacharanero

Job description : Locum GP

http://www.bawmedical.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  henry_pearce 2/17/2014, 9:48 pm

pacharanero wrote:
3) this forum is FREE (unlike SNUG forum - Kate let slip that SNUG actually PAY to have the 'ear' of S1, I couldn't believe it was the other way round)

Hi pacharanero,

As the SystmOne National User Group Treasurer I am in a position to state categorically that SNUG have never made any payment in order to have influence over TPP.

Regards

henry_pearce

Job description : Snug Treasurer

Back to top Go down

Post  chadless punch 2/18/2014, 4:16 am

There may have been some confusion - attendees to SNUG have to pay (last year I believe it was £40/1day or £70/2day), but this covers costs such as venue hire etc.
chadless punch
chadless punch

Job description : Paronomasiac Misanthropist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum